quarta-feira, 11 de maio de 2011

A penny for Isabelita!

 (By Moisés Neto)


JUAN- (he is coming from the backstage) What? I can´t believe it! You bastard! What do you think we are?

ISABELITA- (Trying to calm Juan) Oh, Juan, be kind! What happened?

JUAN- Isabelita, guess what! They will only pay us half of our money! How I hate this artistic life.

ISABELITA- You are so cute, when you´re angry.

JUAN- Shit!

ISABELITA- Control yourself, my dear, please. Don´t worry about it.

JUAN- Oh my darling. I´d like the money to buy you…champagne..new clothes… new make up…musicians for you again. Got it? No more playbacks.

ISABELITA- I don´t mind the playbacks with you around. My love, my little thing (hold and try to kiss him he doesn´t want it).

JUAN- Don´t hold me 24 hours a day, please.

ISABELITA- What is this about? You love me, don´t you? Or  ..do you have another chicken ? Listen: I´ll cut your face if you try to leave me. If you don´t want me to hold you, why do you stay by my side?

JUAN- I need  money.

ISABELITA- Oh!

JUAN- I´am joking. I still love you. But we needed that payment.

ISABELITA- What a fucking place!

JUAN I´m tired of these places.

ISABELITA- But we have to work…

JUAN- Yes. You have 5 minutes.

ISABELITA- we act, get the money and go home, right?

JUAN- No: let´s drink and dance, I´m young, I want some fun!

ISABELITA- I have studio tomorrow morning: rum Montila! Don´t you remember?  and you have rehearsal, don´t forget.


JUAN- Those fucking children! I hate playing the fool to them!

ISABELITA- But the money is good, isn´t it?

JUAN- Yes, it is. I love your legs…your thick ankles…

ISABELITA- I need a drink.

JUAN- Oh, Isabelita!

ISABELITA- Amado mio!

JUAN- how can you be so hot?

ISABELITA- The music makes me hot and alive!

JUAN- I need more than this.

ISABELITA- Juan…

JUAN- Yes…

ISABELITA- I love you

JUAN- Should we pay the price for this crazy merry go round called Brazil?
ISABELITA- Y-e-s, my dear. Can´t you see how marvelous our misery is? At the end of the rainbow there is a new beginning!

JUAN- We have to believe…

ISABELITA- Yes! It´s all we have. Kiss me, my boy, just kiss me!


The end

Um comentário: